Sunday, July 29, 2007

RoPS 1 Hameenlinna 0

It was hardly our best performance today, but 3 points is 3 points and we'll take it. We definitely lacked the killer instinct to put the game way earlier and made it more difficult for ourselves then we should have. 'Drogba' continued his amazing scoring run as he put in a fantastic header from an awkward angle from a Zeddy Saileti cross in the first half. It was really a class goal, and it seems everything he does seems to go right, which is great for us.

Hameenlinna was even more direct today then I remember from preseason. Every pass was a long ball, and that can be difficult especially when you let the team hang around. We had a several other opportunities in the second half to kill the game, but unfortunately we couldn't get that killer goal. Hameenlinna never truly threatened though despite the fact that we gave away some silly fouls in dangerous spots.

I entered the game with about 15-10 minutes left, and I really left a lot to be desired. It was not the performance I wanted, and I should have done much better on a few occasions. It is of course difficult to make an impact with only 10 minutes left, but that should be no excuse for me. I need to do more if I expect to get more time.

In the end, it was 3 valuable points as table leaders KuPS were crushed by JJK. We now sit tied for first place with JJK but second due to goal differential. We'll take it of course, and with 4 more home games in a row remaining I think by the end of these 4 games we will be top. Thanks to everyone that made it out today. The fans were a little quieter today then usual, although we didn't exactly give you guys too much to cheer about. Thanks for the shouts to put me in the match. I just wish I could have done better for you guys!

No comments: