Sunday, July 29, 2007

Preview- RoPS vs Hameenlinna

It's a very big match for us despite the difference in the table. What makes this week important is that KuPS and JJK square off against one another giving us the opportunity to potentially take over first place. It's still early in the season of course as we have just now reached the half way mark, but with 4 home games in a row remaining for us, if we can manage to grab the top spot we may never look back and hopefully continue on to promotion.

Hameenlinna have been a bit of a Jeckyl and Hide (ok I think that's spelled wrong but oh well). They started off the season rough, but have rebounded here and there with some good performances, particularly in last weeks 4-0 win of GBK. I have played them twice in preseason when I was with Atlantis and they were far from impressive. But they are very well organized in the back and can be difficult to break down. Going forward, they rely on the long ball generally as well as their left winger who is probably the best player on the team.

We, of course, are coming off a 5 game winning streak and confidence is very high. George Chilufya is out with a hamstring strain, so Dejan Godar will drop back from his midfield position. 'Drogba' has also been sick for most of the week, but he seemed fine this morning and is going to try and give it a go today. I believe I will start on the bench today, but I'm not 100% certain. I should, hopefully, see some decent time today as I've been especially good in training this week. Over the last 4 weeks I have felt stronger and stronger, and I have really started to consistently put in good performances in training. Now that I am more comfortable with my surroundings here, I think it is really helping me to play better and more consistent. It was a challenge getting used to living here at first, but now I am really starting to enjoy myself here.

I'm predicting a 1-0 or 2-1 victory for us as well for our fans to be outstanding once again! Thanks for the support guys!! I know the team and I appreciate it!!

No comments: