Sunday, July 22, 2007

Preview- RoPS vs Atlantis

Sorry to anyone that regularly reads this blog. I've been a bit lazy posting this week, but please keep coming back. I'll be updating more regularly for now on.

On to today's match. We play Atlantis FC from Helsinki at 6:30 tonight. As I mentioned in my last post, this match holds a special meaning for me. Atlantis was the team I originally signed for when I moved to Finland, however, after some financial problems I moved to RoPS- a move I can definitely say has been better as far as football is concerned.

Atlantis comes into today's match after a 2-2 draw with Hameenlinna. The team is a bit different since I have left. Along with me, 3 other players and the head coach left the squad so they do have a bit of a different look then when I was with them. Regardless, they have several talented individuals that will pose a threat. From what I have heard they have yet to really play well as a team, but that doesn't mean their individuals can't hurt us.

Jani Modig will be the one for us to watch today. Although, he is just coming back from a lengthy injury, the attacking midfielder will most likely pull the strings for them. He is a very technical and smart player. We will also have to look out for Sierra Leonean, Muwahid Sessay. The left footer is very technical and has been scoring as of late for them.

In the back, they are lead by Tomi Nyman who is back from Holland where he was playing for second division side Omniworld. Before moving to Holland, Tomi played regularly with FC Honka. Good in the air and sound with the ball, he will look to stop our 'Drogba.' Goodluck with that though Tomi, as 'Drogba' has been unstoppable in the last 5 games.

But we are far from intimidated. As I have said all year, we have the most talented team in the Ykkonen, and if we play like we can we should leave with a victory. Chanda Mwaba is back from suspension to add more depth to the squad, and will take his usual spot in central midfield. I will begin the game from the bench, and hopefully get the opportunity to contribute later in the match. I would love to put on past my old team!!

Enjoy the match for those that will be in attendance!

No comments: