Sunday, August 19, 2007

Preview- RoPS vs PP-70

After last weeks disappointing result, the team is itching to make amends. Last week saw us throw away a 2-1 lead with about a minute left to play. It was a disappointing result for more then just 1 reason for me, but we'll just leave it at that. It was a bruising affair for us as three players went down (all injured by the same player), and we lost one to a red card although that wasn't made entirely clear at the time.

Despite the result, we have not lost a match in 8 games and Drogba has continued his scoring streak which now stands at 9 games in a row. PP-70 meanwhile have fell on hard times. Results have not gone their way and they now find themselves in th relegation zone. I think I can speak for the whole team when I say we'd like to put them even farther down the table today.

Drogba sat out training for most of the week, but made his return on Friday and will look to play today. Antti Peura is still dealing with his injury as well and will look to come off the bench i believe, and Janne Turpenniemi is suspended for the next 2 matches. I will get the start in Janne's place at right back, and hopefully, I can play as well if not better then he has. It is definitely unfortunate for Janne as I would have reacted to the challenge in the same manner as he did to get himself sent off. Under the circumstance I think the ref needed to have better judgement about the situation. I am of course thrilled to get the start though, and will look to put on a good performance for everyone.

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate with us today, and give us a nice night to play some football. I'm predicting a 3-1 victory!!

No comments: