Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last Post in Rovaniemi

Once again please forgive me for the lack of posting over the last week. Things on my end have been a little hectic as I prepare for a new adventure. This will officially be my last post in Rovaniemi. But don't worry I will continue posting in my new home...Joensuu.

The team in Joensuu, Jippo, has offered to take me on for the rest of the season. They have been interested in me since they saw me play in the Lahti Cup with Atlantis. It was an incredibly difficult decision for me. I've grown to love Rovaniemi, the team, and the fans. It looks as if RoPS is on its way to a championship as well which I would have loved to be a part of. But sometimes you need to think of what's best for you personally.

At my age, I can't afford to be sitting on the bench. For the sake of my career, I need to get as many games and as many minutes on the field as possible throughout the rest of the season. I can accomplish that at Jippo, and hopefully, bring up my level of play to what I am truly capable of. I thank Karo and Mr. Kiistala for the opportunity to play here and for the opportunity to advance my career elsewhere.

To the RoPS fans, you guys have been brilliant. I cannot say enough about the passion you guys have for the team. The display at Kuopio was truly awe-inspiring. I just wish I could have shown you what I am truly capable of. I never came close to the potential I feel I have as a player, and although there were some factors for this, I won't make any excuses. I failed to perform on the field at a level that I expect of myself and for that I am sorry.

Hopefully, in a few weeks time I can come back and really show you how well I can play. Jippo will be traveling up to Rovaniemi for our return match against RoPS, and although it will be difficult to play against my friends here at RoPS I will be doing everything possible to bring a win home to Joensuu. But I truly wish that RoPS will go on to win the league. The team and the fans deserve it for what has so far been an incredible year. Hopefully, you guys can treat me to one more USA or Born in the USA song as well!!

So its been a great ride while it lasted. Goodluck and goodbye Rovaniemi!!

1 comment:

egan said...

Good luck in Joensuu Jon, I'm sure it's the right decision. I'm looking forward to yout updates, Karelia and Lapland are probably the most 'Finnish' bits of Finland and you'll surely have some good stories. I've heard their sauna club is particularly good.