Saturday, September 29, 2007

Preview- RoPS vs JIPPO

I am definitely excited for this match. I've looked forward to it ever since I left RoPS. Not that I want to hurt my old club, its merely an opportunity to prove to myself and to RoPS that I was good enough to play more for them. Unfortunately, things didn't go as well as I would have liked up there, but I hold no ill-will towards them. But I think every player looks forward to playing their old team.

Both teams have quite a bit riding on the game. RoPS has let their lead at the top of the table slip to just 4 points and a loss tomorrow could prove devastating (hence my dilemma- of course I want nothing more then to win but I also want RoPS to win the championship). JIPPO meanwhile are fighting to stave off relegation. Currently we hold a 2 point lead over GBK and a win for us could really put us into safety. GBK take on KuPS in Kuopio, and I'd have to think that KuPS wins that one.

As for the team news, RoPS welcomes back Drogba from suspension, but loses Antii Peura. Other then that, I believe they have the rest of the squad available. Taking care of Drogba will definitely be a handful for our backline, and we can't allow any slip ups like we did against PP-70 last week. Then of course you have RoPS midfield which is stacked with talent.

JIPPO will lose Mikko Maatanen and Tero Tahvanainen to suspension, but will welcome back Mikko Ikkonen. It remains to be seen who will start in goal, but I would have to think Lassi Hurskainen would keep his place after his last 2 performances. I should keep my place at right midfield, and hopefully I can extend my scoring run to 3 games.

It must be said that JIPPO have been in better form the last 3 games. We've taken all 3 points in our last 3 (TPV, PK-35, and PP-70) while RoPS have been held to two 0-0 draws in their last 2 games. Their lack of scoring will be definitely be welcome, but they haven't conceded more then 1 goal since a 2-2 draw against PK-35 over a month ago.

So that's all the team news i can think of. I'll leave predictions up to you guys.

No comments: